Granite countertops are a popular choice for kitchen and bathroom counters. They come in a variety of colors and styles, and they’re durable and long-lasting. But there’s a lot you may not know about these versatile countertops. If you want to know more about granite countertops, here are 10 things you should know:
- Granite is a natural stone. When you say natural stone, it means that the stone isn’t man-made. It’s cut from big rocks that are found in the mountains. It is mined, cut into slabs, and then polished to create the countertops that you see in many homes. This is different from man-made materials like quartz or recycled glass, which are made in factories.
- Granite is strong and durable. One of the reasons why granite is a popular choice for counters is because it’s very strong and durable. It’s scratch-resistant and heat-resistant, so it can handle a lot of wear and tear. It is also known for being stain-resistant, although it’s not completely stain-proof.
- Granite comes in many colors. Granite is available in a wide range of colors, from light to dark. You can find granite that’s almost white, or you can find granite that’s black or even blue. There are also granite countertops that have patterns or veins running through them.
- Granite has been used for centuries. The Egyptians and the Romans used granite for their buildings and statues. In fact, some of the oldest granite buildings in the world are still standing today.
- Granite is easy to care for. You don’t need to seal or polish granite countertops, and they’re relatively easy to clean. Just use soap and water, and you’re good to go. All you need to do is wipe it down regularly. This makes granite a very low-maintenance countertop option.
- Granite is an investment. Because granite is so durable, it’s an investment that will last for many years. If you take care of your granite countertops, they could potentially last a lifetime. You may even be able to pass them down to your children or grandchildren.
- Granite is environmentally friendly. Granite is a natural product, so it’s eco-friendly. It’s also recyclable, so if you ever decide to replace your granite countertops, you can recycle them instead of throwing them away. Aside from that, granite doesn’t release any harmful chemicals into the environment.
- Granite is versatile. You can use granite for a variety of purposes, including countertops, flooring, backsplashes, and even fireplaces. You can find granite in a variety of colors and styles to match any decor. You can even buy custom granite in Salt Lake City and other cities in the US that’s cut to fit your specific needs.
- Granite is a good value. When you compare granite to other countertop materials, like quartz or marble, granite is usually a better value. This is because granite is more durable and easier to care for than these other materials. Plus, granite will last longer, so you’ll get more use out of it over time.
- You can find granite countertops anywhere. Granite is available at most home improvement stores, as well as online. You can find a wide variety of colors, styles, and sizes to choose from. And because granite is so popular, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding it at a reasonable price.
Now that you know more about granite countertops, you can see why they’re such a popular choice for many homeowners. If you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-care-for, and versatile countertop option, granite is a great choice for you.
How much should I budget for my granite countertops?
This is a difficult question to answer since it depends on a few factors, such as the type of granite you choose, the size of your countertops, and whether you install them yourself or hire a professional. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $100 per square foot for your granite countertops. If you have a large countertop area, you may want to budget a bit more. And if you hire a professional to install your granite countertops, you can expect to pay an additional fee on top of the cost of the granite itself.