The long, thick and narrow tube pasta is bucatini pasta that is traditionally used for making different types of dishes by using a variety of sauces. You can serve this pasta very well with sauces like tomato, cream, butter, meat and seafood.
This pasta can be used to make dishes which can be prepared by using spaghetti. This pasta is extruded through the machine rather than rolled as these pasta are hollow. You can make bucatini at home also by using the pasta maker. However, it’s best that you buy bucatini pasta online. This pasta is available dried or fresh; you can use any of these two types of pasta to make your dishes tasty and yummy. The dried pasta is affordable; however, the fresh pasta is expensive but has a short life. You can use all types of sauces, be it white or red with the bucatini pasta to make amazing and mouth-watering dishes.
The classic style bucatini is very famous and is made from durum wheat flour. Only on a few occasions, you can find this pasta to be made of whole wheat which will take longer than usual to cook and have a heartier texture along with a strong flavor. You can even buy bucatini pasta made from rice or gluten-free corn that can be used for making the perfect dish for your guests.
Recipe of Bucatini Pasta with Garlic Butter Sauce, Spinach and Shiitake Mushrooms
You can prepare this dish for the evening snacks and enjoy eating this mouth-watering dish.
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Ingredients Required –
- Uncooked bucatini pasta noodles – 8 ounces
- Olive oil
- Sliced thin shiitake mushrooms – 6-7 ounces
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Red pepper flakes
- White wine – ¼ cup
- Cold unsalted butter – 6 tbsp
- Spinach leaves – 2 cups
- Romano cheese – 1 cup
- You need to cook bucatini pasta in the large bowl filled with water.
- While your pasta is cooking, you need to place the large pan on the medium heat and add 3 tbsp of olive oil. Once it becomes hot, you need to add sliced shiitake mushrooms along with pepper and salt. Saute the mixture till it becomes golden brown.
- Now you have to put the pan on the medium heat again and then add olive oil, once it becomes hot, add red pepper flakes and garlic. You have to cook till the point garlic becomes fragrant and then add white wine along butter. You need to simmer the sauce for a few minutes till the butter melts in.
- Then you can add the sauteed shiitake mushroom along with spinach leaves and chopped parsley in the sauce. Now add the cooked bucatini and toss all these ingredients gently so that you can mix everything.
- You can use Romano cheese to garnish the pasta before you serve it.
- Serve the pasta in the bowl along with extra Romano cheese, and then you can sprinkle toasted olive oil breadcrumbs.
If you are thinking about bucatini pasta where to buy it, then you don’t have to think as you can always make it in your home too.